- Rabbi Yaakov Green, Head of School, 314-994-7856
- Rabbi Green, our new Head of School, has dedicated his life to the education and inspiration of Jews from a myriad of backgrounds and from all over the globe. He has over fifteen years of experience in Jewish education, creating dynamic, engaging and experiential learning opportunities
for Jewish teens in Israel, Australia, New Zealand, Poland,
Canada and throughout the US.
- Rabbi Green holds a Master’s degree in Education with a
concentration in Technology in the classroom. He spent several years creating and developing educational programs, classes and multi-media curricula to successfully inspire and educate in both the formal classroom setting as well as the informal world of youth programming. Even during his own adolescence Rabbi Green was always involved in B’nei Akiva, NCSY and any avenue that would inspire him and take him to those seeking inspiration. His innovative educational programs have been implemented at large teen conventions and in public school classrooms across North America.
- Rabbi Green originally hails from Newton, MA, and is a proud member of Red Sox Nation (even if it makes him less popular around here). Before making his way to St. Louis, Rabbi Green and his family spent eight years living in Boca Raton, FL. There he first began working as the Teen Director, a member of the rabbinic team at the Boca Raton Synagogue, while simultaneously playing a senior role within South Florida’s NCSY administration and spearheading the OU’s public school outreach program, JSU, in Palm Beach County. From there, Rabbi Green began exploring and innovating within the hallways of formal education at the Donna Klein Jewish Academy, where he worked for five years, completing his tenure there as the Principal of Judaic Studies.Rabbi Green is married to Elisheva Green from Brooklyn, NY and together they four beautiful children.
- David Friedman, Business Manager, 314-373-7533
- David Friedman received his BA in Politics from Brandeis University and his MS in Accountancy from Bentley University. Prior to his arrival at Epstein Hebrew Academy, David worked in the corporate sector; positions included Manager of Financial Reporting at Schlotzsky’s, Inc., General Ledger and Accounts Receivable Supervisor at Computer Sciences Corporation, and SEC Accountant at DJO, Inc. He has also been active in the non-profit sector, serving as President of Congregation Beth El and Chaplain for Cub Scout Pack 36. In 2008, David moved to St. Louis and became the Business Manager at Epstein. David and his wife Debbie are the proud parents of three sons.
- Rachel Lubchansky, Director of Admissions and Communications,
- Rachel Lubchansky received her BS in Integrated Marketing Communications from the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York City in 2000. She worked in the New York fashion industry in the areas of marketing and public relations prior to founding her own e-boutique, which she operated for four years before selling in 2009. Rachel is an active St. Louis community volunteer and co-founded the Barbara Mendelson Tomchei Shabbos Fund in 2007 to support families in need. She was a recipient of the St. Louis Jewish Federation’s David N. and Roselin Grosberg Young Leadership Award in 2013 and sits on the Federation’s Board of Trustees. Rachel joined the EHA staff in 2012. She and her husband, Adam, are the happy parents of 5-year-old triplets who attend the school.
- Heather Douek, Director of Student Support Services 314-373-7531
- Heather Douek received her BA in Early Childhood Education from Stern College at Yeshiva University in 1998 and received her MS Ed in Special Education for grades K-12 from Bank Street College of Education two years later. She taught at a variety of schools including Park East Hebrew Day School and The Gateway School in Manhattan, NY. When Heather moved to St Louis in August 2005, with her husband, she worked as a resource room teacher at Torah Prep and then at Churchill Center for three years.