Every child is unique…
At Epstein, we are proud to offer an individualized program to fit the needs of each student. Our teachers have been trained in Differentiated Instruction in order to meet the needs of all students in their classrooms, including those with learning difficulties and those who are gifted.
Epstein provides a wide range of programs and services to address the varying needs of our students.
1. We have an on-site Director of Student Support Services (DSSS) who works with the administration, teachers, students, and parents to help create a successful learning environment for students with varying needs. The DSSS organizes Care Team meetings with staff and parents to address individual needs and implement student support plans. The DSSS also works with students one-on-one and in small groups, as necessary, to supplement learning experience of the classroom.
2. We offer tutoring by community volunteers to give students even more one-on-one attention and support where needed.
3. We provide on-going professional development on the latest educational topics for our teachers.
4. We offer Title I services in remedial reading for children in University City and Parkway school districts.
5. We work with Jewish Family and Children’s Services (JF&CS) counselors for on-site consultation, individual and group counseling as necessary, and student workshops.
6. We work with Special School District (SSD) to guide parents and students through the evaluation process, and we provide space in our school for students to be tested by SSD.
7. In the Middle School, we offer differentiated class schedules for accelerated learning.
We believe that offering interventions as early as possible allows students to flourish academically while keeping their esteem high. Individualized attention allows each child to reach their potential by providing for their needs in a personalized way. If you would like learn more about these programs and services, please contact Heather Douek, Director of Student Support Services, at 373-7531.